Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Battle of the Bra: Benefit, or Burden?

University of California, Santa Cruz
Like this post? Subscribe for updates.

Dryers are not your bra’s friend. One of my favorite bras recently became a casualty to the violent tumbles of the dryer. The under wire now protrudes straight into the side of my chest, which makes long usage impossible. I feel like I have struggled with bras since I was first introduced to them many years ago. Cups pucker, bands pinch, the beautiful lacy ones are far too expensive, and the soft practical ones are just that; practical. The material is often flimsy, and the sturdy ones make me feel like they are trying to hide away instead of showcase. I remember in high-school splurging on a Victoria’s Secret bra, and within days of buying it the shoulder strapped had snapped off from the bra in a frayed mess. I should note that I am not particularly busty. The issue is not with me, it is with the bras I buy. Even sports bras, which are supposed to be the epitome of support, leave me wanting for more.

bra collection1

Maybe the issue is I am buying bras the wrong size, or that I am buying cheap products. However, I feel like bras also have a long way to go. The current measurement is supposed to be standardize, but I find that my cup size and band width varies based on the brand. The inconsistency is irritating. The percentage of women who choose to go braless is anywhere from 75%-95%, so while the majority do choose to wear bras, many have decided to forgo the ill-fitting garments.
Red bra burning5

How do you feel about your bra? Love it? Hate it? Leave your opinion in the comments below.

Like this post?
Subscribe For More

This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.