Saturday, September 29, 2012

Attend FSU Football Season in Style

The fall semester is among us once again, and as Florida State Seminoles we know that means football season! What better way to show your Seminole spirit than getting creative with garnet and gold? From head to toe, here are a few tips to get you through the season in style:

Photo by author

Seminole feathered headdresses
My roommate and I made these for the FSU vs. UF game last year in Gainesville. We got all the supplies from Michael’s Crafts: assorted feathers, elastic bands, rhinestones, hot glue, and a couple T-shirts we cut into strips and attached to the elastic. Even in Gator Country, no one could deny how awesome they looked.

Homemade T-shirts
I made one out of an old T-shirt that I had worn so many times the neck was beginning to stretch out. Now a strapless top perfect for those blistering hot noon games. To get it to fit tight enough I just synched about half an inch from each side and made a few stitches with a needle and thread. A little tedious, but well worth it.

Garnet high-waisted shorts
Trendy and fun, a pair of garnet colored high-waisted shorts are perfect for a hot game. My roommate stumbled upon a pair at Olde Fields on Gaines St., but they wouldn’t be hard to make at home. All you need is a little bleach, garnet fabric dye and old pair of shorts.

Photo by author

FSU bracelets
This was possibly the easiest DIY project I have ever done. My roommate and I used the extra fabric from the Seminole headdresses and braided them together. We strung a few beads in random places along the fabric, knotted both ends and voila! Super fun Seminole bracelets.

Indian moccasin boots
I got these from Target years ago. They were mid-calf length when I got them, but I cut them into more wearable ankle boots. I’m glad I kept them around because I find myself wearing them all the time, especially during night games when it gets a little chilly here in Tallahassee. Anything with fringe is perfect for Seminole Nation.

About katechristine

Major: Editing, Writing, and Media
Graduation Date: May 2013
Bio:


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.